What to expect when we release the final quests

Official announcements about Conclave.

What to expect when we release the final quests

Postby 10x10room » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 am

A few of you have asked how we'll handle the switchover from the beta to Conclave's final quests. Here's the plan in brief:

• Your characters will retain their current levels, items, and abilities.
  • If a character has completed one of the beta quests, he or she will receive credit for completing its revised, final version. (A couple will get new names as part of the switchover.)
  • Honors will also translate over.
  • Any incomplete quests will be removed, and your party's timeline of events will be cleared. We'll announce the switchover in advance so that you have a chance to finish them off beforehand.
In other words, you'll be able to pick right up with the additional quests we're releasing if you want.

You can of course choose to start fresh with a new character, and there are some advantages to doing that. The current quests will be revised significantly in many cases: their stories will be expanded, and they'll offer new combats, choices, and items to discover. Some of those choices will come with benefits later in the story, too. If you want to experience all the options that are available in the final campaign, starting fresh is the way to go.

Hope that makes sense. If you've got any questions, let us know!
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: What to expect when we release the final quests

Postby Crazypoet » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm looking forward both to starting some new characters and to seeing how some of my Old Favorites survive in the new and expanded world...

Thank again and as always!
Crazypoet

Postby DaOgre » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 pm

I think this is generally a cool idea, but as someone who would want to remake my character in the hopes of checking out some of the expanded possible item drops, I'd be curious if there's some kind of "vanity" we could get as a tag on the character for having completed the quests in the beta mode. Like someone else mentioned this isn't a huge deal, but before 'wasting' all the time during beta I think that would be neat :)
DaOgre

Postby Crazypoet » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 pm

I know that there are Honors only available to Beta Testers and Kickstarter supporters, and that there's an ongoing Renown bonus for new characters.

I hope/believe that Honors will be visible in the Guildhalls in the production game
Crazypoet

Postby Mother Superior » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Does that mean existing characters can't gain the benefits of doing the already done quests again? No finding items, for example?
Mother Superior

Return to Announcements