Frequently Asked Questions about the update

Official announcements about Conclave.

Frequently Asked Questions about the update

Postby 10x10room » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:48 pm

We've had a few questions come up more than once since yesterday's update, so we wanted to take a moment to eliminate any confusion.

Q. Why am I still seeing completed quests on the quest map?

A. Each of the updated quests has replaced one of the old ones. If you completed an old quest with a character, he or she is now credited with beating its replacement. For example, if your character completed the "Among the Wilderkin" quest before, he or she now has credit for beating "Rastanhi", its replacement in the story.

Even though all the updated quests include substantial additions and revisions -- and in a few cases they've been totally redone -- we didn't want to force you to play through them. This way, you have a number of options: you can play the updated quests with a totally new character, play them with an existing character, or skip them and wait for the rest of the campaign. If you play with an existing character, you'll still have the opportunity to pick up distinctions and treasures along the way; you just won't gain Renown or advance toward your next level if you play a quest he or she is already credited with completing.

Q. Has the number of free character slots changed?

A. Yes. With the beta test winding down, we've limited the number of free character slots to two. All existing characters have been grandfathered in and can be played as usual; if you're over the limit, you just won't be able to create new ones unless you free up enough slots or purchase a campaign license from the Store. Purchasing the campaign (or receiving it as a gift) increases the limit to ten character slots, and Kickstarter backers at the Vanguard level and above still receive ten slots as well.

Q. What about respeccing? Is that still around?

A. We were originally going to take down respeccing after the beta; it was put in place largely as a way for players to rebuild characters after we released character customization. However, we've found that people like the feature, so we've decided to make it an ongoing option for those who have the campaign.

Q. What about solo play?

A. Good news: Every updated quest -- and every quest we create in the future -- offers different combats for every possible party size, whether you have 1, 2, 3, or 4 characters playing together. In some combats, the number of foes you fight varies; in others, some or all of the foes are more powerful if you have a large party; in many combats, both the number and power of the foes varies with party size. This is a big upgrade from how combats worked in the past, when we could only offer 2- and 4-character versions of combats, and could not scale the power level of foes with the size of the party, only the number of foes being faced.

We hope this answers your questions! If you have more, please post them here in the forums.
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: Frequently Asked Questions about the update

Postby Crazypoet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am

Love it!

I'm running some new characters through and having a great time.

As with the Beta, the most challenging class (at least for solo play) is the Vanguard - it's really forcing me to get creative in my approach to some of the quests. I haven't found one yet that I can't push through, but some have proven to be, well *challenging* :mrgreen:

Vanguard vs enemies with ranged attacks is always fun!
Crazypoet

Return to Announcements