Below we've listed a few specific things you can do to help. First though, here are a couple of useful links:
- Conclave gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JEyq42Kp_8. The video is a great thing to embed any time you want to give people a taste of what Conclave is like.
- Conclave asset kit: https://s3.amazonaws.com/conclave/Conclave+assets+kit.zip. This kit contains screenshots and portraits from Conclave, as well as logos, icons, and more. It's a great resource if you are posting about Conclave and want to show a quick shot of the game in action, or show off some artwork. Please just take a look at the readme file as there are some restrictions on how the media in there can be used.
One of the most common ways for players to find Conclave is through postings in other sites' forums. Sometimes all it takes is a single post, and a hundred new players discover the game. Even if Conclave has been posted in a forum before, it might be time to refresh people's memory about the game and let them know about the new release.
Here are a few ideas for types of forums where a Conclave post might bear fruit:
- Game magazine/site forums. Examples: Penny Arcade, Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun (as well as many smaller sites). Most game sites have an accompanying forum.
- Game conversation forums. Examples: Colony of Gamers, SomethingAwful, RPGWatch (all of which have brought Conclave lots of players in the past).
- General interest forums like reddit.
- Forums for related games. For example, many Cardhunter followers read about Conclave in their forums and are now avid Conclave players as well.
- Forums with related interests. For example, the Giant in the Playground forums, home to webcomic The Order of the Stick, have historically been a great place for people to find Conclave.
Idea 2: Post in your blog or social media
Got a blog? Like to talk about games? We'd love to see what you have to say about Conclave!
A simple Facebook, G+, or Twitter post can also work wonders. This is the fastest, easiest thing you can do to spread the word. Consider linking to the video in your post.
Idea 3: Rate or review Conclave
Conclave shows up in a number of sites and directories where you can rate the game. Some of these let you offer your own review as well. The more ratings and reviews that Conclave receives, the better. Be honest! We don't mind criticism.
Examples of places where you can rate and review Conclave:
- Chrome Web Store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/conclave/fcakebalijmchimjjkbjjfiicjddofib)
- Mozilla Marketplace (https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/conclave/; accessible via Firefox Aurora for Android)
- Our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/playconclave)
Idea 4: Create a Let's Play video of Conclave
One of the best ways to show off any game is to play through some of it in a video and share it on YouTube.
Idea 5: Build a page or wiki about Conclave
Some players have already asked if it's okay to build a wiki around Conclave, creating a bestiary, a list of all the treasure so far found within the game, etc. That's a wonderful thing to do, and if you do a great job, we'll probably sticky a link to the top of the forums letting people know how to use the resource you've created. What's more, the asset kit should make it much easier to build something like this and make it attractive.
The more people who play Conclave, the better we can make the game - so please help us spread the word. Oh, and let us know if, where, and how you share Conclave! We'd love to know, and seeing what you've done may inspire others as well (and if you note a forums thread you've started on another site, others can join in the discussion). Thanks all!