New release: Guilds!

Official announcements about Conclave.

New release: Guilds!

Postby 10x10room » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Earlier today we released our initial support for guilds. If you've purchased the Guildmaster extra or received it as a Kickstarter reward, you can now found your guild by clicking the new Guild link in the upper nav bar. This is also how you and your members will access it once you've created it.

If you haven't heard us talk about guilds before, each one includes a private chat room where members can see who else is online, organize parties, and discuss the game (or anything else). As guildmaster, you'll get to choose a name and design a unique emblem for your guild with a simple editor we've created, and both the name and emblem will appear on the user profiles of its members (unless they're private).

Here's what the guild creator looks like:

In addition, we've updated the party invitation process so that you can easily select from your fellow guild members or your friends list when sending invites.

As with any new feature, we appreciate hearing feedback; we expect to make tweaks to and build on what we've released today. And to those of you who preordered a guild, thanks for your patience as we finished the release.
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: New release: Guilds!

Postby mrmewtwo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:16 am

sooooo... i just hit 'create' with the default settings, so that i could play around for a bit. i had an unfortunate conversation with my side account. that boy has no respect for authority. you'd think 'mrmewtwo's guild' would instill a little fear o' god in him, but noooo.

a few things i've noticed, and my questions:

-you cant search for guilds, you must be invited (right?)
-i have no idea how to delete my guild. mrmewtwo's guild is too vain for me, and i'm not the leader type anyways.
-whether you leave a guild or are kicked, as long as you kept your invite, you can get back in the party. that seems like a problem.
-the chat is logged for past conversations exactly like the normal party chat. that's interesting but could be disjointed with many members

getting some mates to help me with these, but, to do:

-see if you can join a guild if you own a guild
-see if you can make a guild if you're in a guild
-join multiple guilds (yes please? :D )

looking good so far, devs! thanks for the new toy! :)
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby Crazypoet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 am

I got your invite, but can't join since I'm already a member f my own Guild. Would much rather hang with you and Mother Superior, but can't Fi d a way to edit Guild membership.

So, Devs - what tools do we have available for such shenanigans? :mrgreen:

Thanks for the shiny new toys!!!!
Crazypoet

Postby derek » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 am

Shoot, I knew someone would need to edit their guild. :) We should be able to add that shortly, and we can also add the ability to delete your guild.

Guilds are invite-only at the moment. We could allow them to be listed publicly, similar to parties, if there's enough interest.

I'm afraid you can only be a member of one guild at a time. There's some extra technical and interface work involved in supporting membership in multiple guilds, and since we weren't sure if anyone would want it, we decided to stick with the simpler approach. Nothing's written in stone, though.
derek

Postby Crazypoet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Kicking the tires and playing with the controls is half the fun!

:mrgreen:
Crazypoet

Postby derek » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Guildmasters can now edit and delete their guilds. Have at it! (You'll need to refresh your browser if you had a guild open while we were doing the update.)
derek

Postby Crazypoet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks bunches!

The new tools work - I was able to delete my guild and join mrmewtwo's awesomely-renamed gathering-place.

So some thoughts... Absent the ability for a player to belong to multiple guilds, what about allowing each character to belong to a different guild? This would allow for things like testing/wiki/R&D guilds to exist side-by-side with player spaces.

???
Crazypoet

Postby jkbutler » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am

I accepted an invite to a guild, but the invite is still there. I guess I expected it to go away.
jkbutler

Postby Crazypoet » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 pm

jkbutler wrote:I accepted an invite to a guild, but the invite is still there. I guess I expected it to go away.

It will stick around until and unless you click "ignore" when you open the invite. At least for now
Crazypoet

Postby BadMojo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:18 pm

I agree it would be nice to have multiple guilds. I bought a Guildmaster slot and I'd like to make a guild with my friends (though I haven't actually seen them for a while...all my parties with them are getting rusty from underuse this summer), but I'd also like to participate in the wiki/meta/R&D guild that mrmewtwo has got going. But the way it is, I'd have to kill my guild to be in his and then my guild slot goes to waste.

It would also be cool if there was some kind of guild directory/rankings. e.g. number of members, total levels of characters, some kind of metric to create some sort of "leaderboard" out of.
BadMojo

Next

Return to Announcements