New release: updated condition icons

Official announcements about Conclave.

New release: updated condition icons

Postby 10x10room » Wed May 06, 2015 9:12 pm

We're continuing to work on a mix of visible and behind-the-scenes changes as we get ready to release Conclave on Steam, and today we released another visible one: totally new icons for all the combat conditions.

We had a few goals with the icons:

• First and foremost, we wanted to make it easier to differentiate them through shape and/or color. The old icons were a little muddy, especially when you were playing on a small screen.
  • The previous icons were also holdovers from an old aesthetic that we've since moved away from. The new icons match the aesthetic we're now using on character sheets, the Vault of Arms, and guild emblems.
  • We hope some of the new icons are more intuitive as well. For example, all the conditions that create the special vulnerable state share a consistent shade of yellow with it.
  • Finally, we thought we could just make them a little more attractive and colorful. Even when you're simultaneously staggered, poisoned, and burning, there's no reason you shouldn't look good as you're suffering.
Hope you like them!
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: New release: updated condition icons

Postby Fresh » Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 am

Really nice to see that you guys are still fine-tuning the game.
I am charging two groups into the Still-Dreaming cults, and having a really nice time. :)

I just wish that you could walk around doing something else than just combat (like puzzles encounters or similar stuff).
CHARACTERS:
Silas - Level 5 Mezoar Beacon
Vaarun - Level 5 Trow True Bow
Shadovar - Level 10 Lumyn Rogue
Siren - Level 3 Lumyn Runecaster
Sir Devure - Level 2 Vanguard

Conclave Guild - The Masked Lords
Fresh

Postby Callum » Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 am

I'm afraid I have to say that these icons seem to me to be a downgrade rather than an upgrade! They are rather clunky an ugly-looking. I do agree that the old condition icons could sometimes be a little confusing, and that adding more colour range and variety of shape to them is a good idea, but these look somewhat cartoonish to me.
Callum

Postby derek » Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Appreciate the feedback, folks. Callum, how do you feel about the existing icons on the character sheet (e.g. Strength, Melee Dodge) and the guild emblems?
derek

Postby Callum » Tue May 12, 2015 10:02 am

I'm not particularly fond of the character sheet icons - but as they're very small, and appear alongside the text, I don't pay them much attention. I prefer the guild emblems, as they seem to match their function quite well - the simplistic, brightly-coloured style seems appropriate for this kind of "heraldic" use. The honors icons are the most visually appealing of all.
Callum

Return to Announcements