Now testing: The Vault of Arms

Official announcements about Conclave.

Now testing: The Vault of Arms

Postby 10x10room » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 am

We just posted a major release, allowing players to earn the right to pick out better equipment for the first time. You can learn more about The Vault of Arms in our recent blog post here.

The Vault of Arms is currently in a preview release state. We appreciate any feedback you give us on the release, particularly as regards the interface. Before making a more public announcement about the feature, we expect to make a number of improvements and tweaks, taking it to a final releasee state. Many of these are already planned, but your comments may expand or otherwise alter what we do.
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: Now testing: The Vault of Arms

Postby larryhl » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:58 pm

This sounds awesome! Unfortunately my characters are still in quests so they can't see the Vault yet.

I just wanted to ask how it is implemented if your character is visiting the Vault and then someone in the party initiates a new quest? I hope it doesn't automatically kick you out of the Vault and bring you to the new quest. Otherwise that could be problematic with parties made up of randoms who don't communicate beforehand.
larryhl

Postby 10x10room » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:03 pm

It definitely won't kick you out of the Vault. We know, however, that it would be ideal not to have to do any coordinating at all in order to make sure you can access the Vault, and are considering a few ideas for how best to make that possible.
10x10room
Site Admin

Postby Skjaldbakka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm

You could make a "ready for next quest" screen, that requires everyone to vote, kind of like the quest options screen. Maybe make the vault screen a part of the default quest line, as the final screen before going to the quest map, instead of part of the quest map?
Skjaldbakka

Postby 10x10room » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 pm

You could make a "ready for next quest" screen, that requires everyone to vote, kind of like the quest options screen.

Yup, that's one of the options we are considering.

[quote]Maybe make the vault screen a part of the default quest line, as the final screen before going to the quest map, instead of part of the quest map?/[quote]

That's an interesting idea. One of the other team members may have thought of that, but I had not. Thanks for the suggestion!
10x10room
Site Admin

Postby Ludipe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:56 pm

First of all I have to say it's a great update and I can't wait for the next one. There's just a thing I don't get, I went to the vault with my Beacon, there are shields available for me but, as there are only 2-handed weapons, I can't have a weapon and a shield at the same time. Beacons are not very useful if they just stand there and heal so,are swords or 1-handed weapons going to be at the vault for beacons in the future?
Ludipe

Postby 10x10room » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 am

Yes, that is a slightly odd result of the way we decide which items appear in the Vault for each archetype. Basically, the Vault shows all items that fit your skills, plus all shields and armor. As you note, because Beacons use polearms - which are exclusively two-handed - shields are superfluous for them. It's unlikely that we'll offer one-handed polearms (as we want to reserve space for spears to appear as their own skill), so it may be that we'll update the Vault logic to exclude shields when visited by an archetype that always uses a two-handed weapon.
10x10room
Site Admin

Postby larryhl » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Ok, so what I feared has come to pass. Someone in the party just started a new quest immediately after the old one ended, and now no one in the party can access the Vault. Something needs to be done about this.
larryhl

Postby Ludipe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Ok, so what I feared has come to pass. Someone in the party just started a new quest immediately after the old one ended, and now no one in the party can access the Vault. Something needs to be done about this.

But access to the vault must be restricted so you don't change your equipment in the middle of a quest, someone talked about a ready button so you had to wait for the whole party to be ready before starting the next quest. Another possible solution could be to be able to access the vault before joining your party on the next mission.
Ludipe

Postby larryhl » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:41 pm

To be honest, I feel the easiest way to be able to do this is just implement the Vault as a link the character can click into from the Characters page, and then limit entering the Vault to once per quest and unlimited outside of questing. Since there already is an easy way to tell if a character is in a quest or not (after all, the character's status already shows up on the quest page), this just requires an extra check to see if the character has already entered the Vault while on the current quest. To me, changing equipment in the middle of a quest isn't a terrible break from reality as long as it isn't happening all the time - you can consider it as finding a new weapon on the corpse of your enemies or something.
larryhl

Next

Return to Announcements