A bit of a new look for the game

Official announcements about Conclave.

A bit of a new look for the game

Postby 10x10room » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:03 am

A few weeks ago we mentioned that we'd be making some graphical changes to Conclave as we prepared to launch it on Steam. Today we're unveiling a couple of them.

First off, we've updated the game's logo. We designed the previous version back in the early days of development, and over time we've concluded that it doesn't perfectly capture the feel of the game -- a bit too piratical, for one thing. The new logo keeps what we liked about the old one while fitting Conclave's more fantastical setting better. It's also meant to resemble what the eidstone mentioned in the story looks like, though that has some qualities that can't be captured in a static image.

In addition, we've tweaked the game's palette and cleaned up a few interface elements that were inconsistent. For the palette, we were inspired by a couple of our character portraits that combine shades of purple (for the sky at dusk or underground caverns) with faded orange (for the setting sun or torchlight).

While the none of these changes are dramatic, we think they better convey the feel of the game. We hope that in turn will make it a little more immersive and enjoyable for all of you.
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: A bit of a new look for the game

Postby Fresh » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Coolio! I like it!
Only con is that I just think that some of the font colours are now harder to read (especially on small devices). The font colour matches the button colour a bit too much for my taste.

Otherwise, nice update. I like that I am seeing new stuff every now and then, and I hope your release on Steam will be glorious!
And that you soon continue the quests after level 10 :D
CHARACTERS:
Silas - Level 5 Mezoar Beacon
Vaarun - Level 5 Trow True Bow
Shadovar - Level 10 Lumyn Rogue
Siren - Level 3 Lumyn Runecaster
Sir Devure - Level 2 Vanguard

Conclave Guild - The Masked Lords
Fresh

Re: A bit of a new look for the game

Postby Zephkiel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:58 am

It's good, and give a more modern feeling to it, wich could help some players go over the "tabletop look" more easily.

As for the above post, i'm all for more quest, but the question of powercreep remain, i do not think we should be able to have char with 10 all stat / all the skill / etc.
Zephkiel

Return to Announcements