Character creation's new look

Official announcements about Conclave.

Character creation's new look

Postby 10x10room » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 pm

This week we released some changes to the character creation process that have been in the works for a while. Here are the highlights:

• Each archetype now has a symbol to represent it, such as the shining lance-point for the Beacon. Some of the portraits we used to illustrate the archetypes before weren't perfect fits, and the symbols also make it clearer that any archetype can go with any race.
  • Each race is illustrated by two large portraits, giving a more complete picture of their appearance.
  • You no longer need to select a gender. Instead, you just select whichever avatar image best suits your character from all the options available for the race you've picked.
  • The summary now displays your character's Health score and highlights any choices that increase it.
In other news, we're about to officially kick off work on an updated trailer for the game, which is the last major piece of work we need to complete before launching it on Steam. (We hope!)
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: Character creation's new look

Postby Zephkiel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:24 am

I like the icon in the creation screen, everything is better overall.

The male/female part is regrettable...it added a nice touch, even if it was just fluff.

Hoping that the steam release come soon and goes well, and more quests with it.
Hope you have a good marketing strategy (trailer is good) since the market is flooded with games, although yours is quite unique in its mechanics (asynchronous etc)
Zephkiel

Postby ZestyNachos » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:01 pm

My mate and I have only recently found out about this game and love it! I'll be telling all my Steam friends about it when it comes out.

Thanks for fixing up the emails, the logo wasn't appearing before but it appears to be working now.

This is probably not the best place for this but if you can somehow create tools so we can create our own quests that would be fantastic. Also the ability to have larger scale quests/challenges would be great, something that could give being part of a guild more of a purpose.
ZestyNachos

Postby derek » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, ZestyNachos. At some point we'd like to explore larger-scale and player-created quests, but for now they're more than we have the resources to tackle. Once we see how the Steam launch goes, we'll have a better idea what we'll be able to do next with Conclave.
derek

Return to Announcements