Earlier this week we made a couple of changes to our server-side infrastructure in order to improve performance. It's not unusual for us to bundle small optimizations with other releases, but these changes were more substantial.
One of the main things we wanted to improve was the average time it takes the server to process an action. Here's a graph of the result:
The first vertical line is when we pushed the biggest performance improvement.
Everyone should benefit from these changes, though if you have a slower connection the improvement might be less noticeable. We've got additional improvements planned for the future that will help there.