Desktop client window size

Bugs are the enemy; help us find and squish them.

Desktop client window size

Postby voider » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:45 pm

The desktop client is interesting and seems fine for me so far. However, the window size seems to be constant and isn't large enough to show the whole interface without scrolling. Resizing or maximizing the window works but doesn't persist across sessions. I end up resizing it every time I launch the client.
voider

Re: Desktop client window size

Postby derek » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback, voider. The desktop client is currently similar to the browser client in that there are a couple of screens where you might need to scroll vertically (e.g. on the character list if you have a lot of characters). But if you have to scroll on a lot of the screens, or if you ever have to scroll horizontally, that's definitely not what it should be doing. Let us know if that's the case and what resolution your PC is set at.
derek

Postby voider » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 am

So far just vertically. I do have a lot of honors and six characters so it does require scrolling a little there. In a play session there doesn't seem to be any scrolling required for me.
voider

Postby jsonin » Mon May 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Love the idea of a client. Very cool.

I'm having a specific, small-population issue with the latest OS X client.
I'm on a 11" Macbook Air. The main header (with "Conclave", "Display", Welcome jsonin, "Reference", etc) is impossible to hit with a mouse, seeing its buried under a Chrome piece of UI chrome. Vertical scrolling doesn't allow me to hit any target in the header. Uggh.

Thanks in advance,
Juhan
jsonin

Postby derek » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks for letting us know; we'll see what we can do. What resolution are you running?

In the meantime, does Shift-Command-F (aka View->Enter Presentation Mode in Chrome) remove the chrome and let you access the nav bar?
derek

Return to Issues