Conclave Wiki

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Conclave Wiki

Postby BadMojo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Just so there is a top-level post about this, since the link is otherwise buried in comments.

http://playconclave.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Danes created it and a few of us have been working on building it out and editing it.
Last edited by 10x10room on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making this a sticky.
BadMojo

Re: Conclave Wiki

Postby Danes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Now, we wait....
I mean, work on the wiki so other people become inspired to work on the wiki together.
Danes

Postby Crazypoet » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Great work setting it up!

I'm hoping to have some dedicated time this week to contribute.
Crazypoet

Postby mrmewtwo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm

it doesnt need to be said that this topic should be made sticky, but i'm sayin it anyway.

whats the opinion on a bestiary on this? i've started a slow process of collecting data, but should it be a single page with all the info, or break it into battle by battle, quest by quest?

organization is definitely not my strength
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby Danes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 pm

mrmewtwo wrote:it doesnt need to be said that this topic should be made sticky, but i'm sayin it anyway.

whats the opinion on a bestiary on this? i've started a slow process of collecting data, but should it be a single page with all the info, or break it into battle by battle, quest by quest?

organization is definitely not my strength

How about an article for each enemy type, and links to the articles on quest articles?
Danes

Postby BadMojo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm

There should be a Category:Enemies (or whatever it wants to be called) and then each enemy type should get a page and be categorized. Then all the Quest pages with enemy info should have those linked to their respective pages. That is how I would start it.
BadMojo

Postby Danes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm

BadMojo wrote:There should be a Category:Enemies (or whatever it wants to be called) and then each enemy type should get a page and be categorized. Then all the Quest pages with enemy info should have those linked to their respective pages. That is how I would start it.

Doing it now!
It will be called Category:Bestiary.
Danes

Postby mrmewtwo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 pm

i'm doing the beacon archetype right now, by the way, cuz its my fave. i've never really bother contributing to a wiki before, so i'm uncertain about the depth of explanation.

how i imagine:
every quest will have its page, in which the decision trees will be mapped with full text. then the page will include the battles broken down into enemies, maybe a screenshot of terrain. list traps and locations, variations by decision choice, numbers of enemies of each type (which link to those pages), potential loot (with links to the equipment page i guess?)

uh... which quest unlocks this one, which quest this one unlocks. which campaign it belongs to...

then the enemy page will have a list of attacks with descriptions, hit points, equipment (now that its displayed), and level and stats if they can be derived

also the equipment category ought to include enemy equipment now that the info is accessible. damage range and reach of weapons should be easy enough to figure out, and armor which provides phys protection. encumbrance, dodge bonus or penalty, and attack bonus and penalty will have to be unknown or intuited based on similarities to known items (dangerous).

buh. seems like a project to rewrite the pseudo-code for the whole game.
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby Danes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 pm

mrmewtwo wrote:i'm doing the beacon archetype right now, by the way, cuz its my fave. i've never really bother contributing to a wiki before, so i'm uncertain about the depth of explanation.

how i imagine:
every quest will have its page, in which the decision trees will be mapped with full text. then the page will include the battles broken down into enemies, maybe a screenshot of terrain. list traps and locations, variations by decision choice, numbers of enemies of each type (which link to those pages), potential loot (with links to the equipment page i guess?)

uh... which quest unlocks this one, which quest this one unlocks. which campaign it belongs to...

then the enemy page will have a list of attacks with descriptions, hit points, equipment (now that its displayed), and level and stats if they can be derived

also the equipment category ought to include enemy equipment now that the info is accessible. damage range and reach of weapons should be easy enough to figure out, and armor which provides phys protection. encumbrance, dodge bonus or penalty, and attack bonus and penalty will have to be unknown or intuited based on similarities to known items (dangerous).

buh. seems like a project to rewrite the pseudo-code for the whole game.

Uhh... we probably should start with something simpler. I kinda want to do a flowchart for each quest, but I have no idea how to do that.
Noting where traps and terrains are sounds nice.

But we probably shouldn't put the full text, since that could be a spoiler to those who read them. (I do when I'm playing asynchronously)

As for enemy page, I don't think equipment should be listed because what it really does is modifying values. We can just list the modified values.
Danes

Postby Skjaldbakka » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:23 pm

I'd love to see more equipment and class ability info, since you can't look at that while your character is on a quest. I think full quest text info would be good to have, just have separate link (the link itself could have SPOILER in it). The developers might disagree with that idea though.
Skjaldbakka

Next

Return to General Discussion