Conclave Wiki

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Re: Conclave Wiki

Postby BadMojo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm

I would rather that we didn't include the actual story text, even as a "Spoiler". I think it would ruin the adventure a little too much. My 2 cents.
BadMojo

Postby mrmewtwo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm

i'm definitely in agreement. i had a kind of moral dilemma on the subject, but it is information that has the potential to be included. but yeah, Skjaldbakka's right. simple stuff first.
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby Crazypoet » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm

I agree with the basics first - bestiary, equipment, loot and such.

We can all figure out later how much info to include on quest details.

I enjoy reading the texts - Nick and Derek put a lot of work into these and it shows. There's a rich world taking shape here. The question becomes how much spoiler-ish content is appropriate and/or useful?

As an aside, I'd love to get Mother Superior's comments on character builds and tactics all together in one place - that's worth a section all its own!
Crazypoet

Postby Danes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 pm

For enemy types, how about bunching simliar enemies together?
Like boggarts could all be in one article, and the subsections can include boggart scavengers, warriors, etc.
Not sure if unliving boggarts should be included though. Maybe all the "unliving" type should have an article.
Danes

Postby Mother Superior » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 am

"Unliving" sounds good.
Mother Superior

Postby mrmewtwo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

its a little depressing knowing that all the ability pages will have to be redone eventually
mrmewtwo

Postby BadMojo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 pm

mrmewtwo wrote:its a little depressing knowing that all the ability pages will have to be redone eventually

Why will they have to be redone?
BadMojo

Postby mrmewtwo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm

since the abilities are based on skills for the most part, the future might produce other archetypes that can have the bludgeon skill, for example.

then there are item abilities that can also be learned by level up, like spring, and item abilities that monsters know, like bloodied rage

i want it to transition nicely with any changes the developers make in the future.

then we probably need to add categories for move abilities, attack abilities, arcane abilities, and hold abilities. still not sure on details, but the pages need a better format.
mrmewtwo

Postby Danes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:15 pm

mrmewtwo wrote:since the abilities are based on skills for the most part, the future might produce other archetypes that can have the bludgeon skill, for example.

then there are item abilities that can also be learned by level up, like spring, and item abilities that monsters know, like bloodied rage

i want it to transition nicely with any changes the developers make in the future.

then we probably need to add categories for move abilities, attack abilities, arcane abilities, and hold abilities. still not sure on details, but the pages need a better format.

In that case, we can just say what skill the ability uses, instead of the archetype. For example, we can just say that "Inner Focus is a [[True Sight]] ability."
Danes

Postby BadMojo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm REALLY sorry, but when I went to add the Obscure Sight ability for the bottle of mists, and I used the Template:Abilities it was really screwed up and I had to go in and fix it. I ended up tweaking it a little bit in that I made it have a category in the infobox for "effect" and moved "major/minor" to its own slot as well. I made the Requirements items all only display if something is filled in there.

I'm sorry if this will create extra work, but I couldn't use the template and have it showing up the weird random requirements from some other item that had ended up in the badly edited template. I don't know what went wrong exactly except it looked like somebody was trying to put specific item info into the template instead of into a page infobox.
BadMojo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion