Conclave Wiki

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Re: Conclave Wiki

Postby mrmewtwo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 pm

its cool, man. the "equipped item" requirement didnt belong anyway, and i was getting tired of putting "passive passive none none none", and the format of the abilities pages needed revision already.
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby Danes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

Better sooner than later, I guess.
It had to be done, but I was pushing it aside for the same reason. Since it's already done, we can just start again.
Danes

Postby mrmewtwo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 pm

so we were recently talking about whether monster stats follow the same rules as players. i was running around in keep on the agenor with the faelan soldiers... one of them used "quaff elixir" which increases strength and fortitude by 2. first, i want that, second, the enemy that used it enjoyed a sweet eight point boost to its hp.

so this gave me a great idea: once we define the health formula, we can use that handy venomous shortsword to help us identify the level and fortitude of enemies as we try to fill their bestiary.

write down the hp of an enemy, then poison them, check their new hp, then identify where they fit on the chart based on those two points. its not perfect, but it can narrow things down.

EXAMPLE!!!!!!

this soldier originally had 24 hp, then jumped to 32 after gaining 2 fort. based on the (currently estimated) formula, he could only be a level 4 character, starting with 6 fortitude, and boosting it to 8.

so as far as i know, by using two points, there are only two (or maybe three) sets in which you cant tell, but you cant tell because it could be one of only two options. but, knowing that its gotta be one of only two is an awesome thing, since in such a case, the level deviates more than the fortitude. (if some guy either is level 6 with 7 fort, or level 2 with 9 fort, you can probably take a guess which is true.)

what this means is that the responsibility of filling the bestiary falls solidly on the rogues. no pressure guys.

another note of clarification on the bestiary: some enemies such as these faelan soldiers, have the same name, but different tokens, different equipment and different stats. this means the name of a monster cant be the primary key by which we arrange things.
mrmewtwo

Postby Danes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:19 am

mrmewtwo wrote:what this means is that the responsibility of filling the bestiary falls solidly on the rogues. no pressure guys.

another note of clarification on the bestiary: some enemies such as these faelan soldiers, have the same name, but different tokens, different equipment and different stats. this means the name of a monster cant be the primary key by which we arrange things.

Other archetypes can be used to figure out the protections. True bows are good for this because Find the Center removes all physical protection. (well, technically it only removes it up to 10 points, but none of the enemies have 10 physical protection yet)
Also, after removing physical protection, Ashenweald spirit bow or Faelan spark bow can be used to figure out the spirit protection and fire protection, respectively.

That, and filling out the abilities section. Reading the log (and surviving long enough so that they run out of uses for better abilities) is just enough. Also, since some enemies don't have Defensive Posture or Recover, rogues can be used to check that. Simply hit them, and then go unnoticed. If the enemy skips turn, they don't have defensive posture and recover.

As for Faelan soldiers, adding parentheses (or brackets) afterward will have to do. I don't remember how they are different, though, so I don't know what to put in the parentheses.
Danes

Postby BadMojo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Danes wrote:As for Faelan soldiers, adding parentheses (or brackets) afterward will have to do. I don't remember how they are different, though, so I don't know what to put in the parentheses.

I think that "Faelan soldier (Quest Name)" would make sense, unless the multiple varieties were in the same quest and then "Faelan soldier (Encounter Name)".

Has more 'character' than "(1)" and "(2)" or such.

I'm really trying to finish soloing with my Vanguard so I'm 4/4 on classes then I'll buckle down on some more investigation for the bestiary.
BadMojo

Postby mrmewtwo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 am

weird, i thought i posted again but i guess not.

i looked again, and it turned out that the other one was a faelan archer, and i just wasnt reading carefully. so, my bad, and as far as i know, monsters remain unique to their names. :oops:
mrmewtwo

Postby BadMojo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 pm

why was i thinking there are only 4 archetyoes? i forgot about Beacon. Duh. I guess because I only have ever played one of them and he is in a long, slow party campaign. i havent ever soloed one of them.
BadMojo

Postby mrmewtwo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:05 pm

k so i was just running through some encounters and working on bestiary while i was at it, there is definitely some variance in monster strength depending on level and/or party size.

one of my characters is currently fighting harrowing eyes and hypnotic eyes in a party of 4. when i encountered them with my solo rogue on another quest, they were weaker by 2-3 levels.

so we've got to remember to document carefully when we're gathering data later.

edit: all same abilities tho
mrmewtwo

Postby mrmewtwo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:11 pm

mrmewtwo

Postby Crazypoet » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:18 pm

You should - that's damned impressive!
Crazypoet

PreviousNext