Discussion guidelines

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Discussion guidelines

Postby 10x10room » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am

Hey folks,

Respecting players has been one of our guiding principles in developing Conclave. Since we'd like the conversation here to be similarly respectful and welcoming, please consider the following when you post.

We welcome your criticisms, even strong ones, so long as they're directed at the game. Tearing into other posters, on the other hand, is not okay, no matter what your reasons.

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to forget that getting heated doesn't make an argument more persuasive, and it alienates more than the person you're arguing with: it drives other visitors away from the game, too.

With that in mind, we will delete or edit comments that make assertions or accusations about a poster's motives, mental state, parentage, planet of origin, etc. If a poster says something obnoxious, give them the benefit of the doubt, and try to respond to the most reasonable possible interpretation of their point. If that just isn't possible, ignore them and/or let us know privately.

Please help us out by keeping things civil. We'd like to spend as much of our time as possible making the game better for you, not moderating the forums.

Thanks!
10x10room
Site Admin

Re: Discussion guidelines

Postby Crazypoet » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks for all the work you do, and sorry for any fuel I added to the recent bonfires.
Crazypoet

Postby Danes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 am

Planet of origin? Someone made a racist remark?
Danes

Postby mrmewtwo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:51 pm

I apologize as well
Hold on... Another player has acted!
mrmewtwo

Postby derek » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:40 am

Danes, "planet of origin" was my attempt to inject a tiny bit of levity into the post. I was thinking of the phrase, "What planet are you on?"

Appreciate the apologies, all. And we're sorry we can't always respond to your posts as quickly as we'd like; we do read them all, but working on Conclave keeps us pretty occupied.
derek

Postby Mother Superior » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 am

Agh, sorry, that's going to take a bit of work, editing all of that :oops:
Mother Superior

Return to General Discussion