- Treasure can only be found on certain quests.
- You can't ever find more treasure items than your current level. If you're maxed out, you'll be able to find more treasure when you next level up.
- Some treasures have archetype or trait requirements. If you don't meet the requirements, you won't encounter the particular items.
- Treasure is awarded randomly from among those items that can be found on the particular quest.
- If you repeat quests, you can continue to get the other items that are available.
As there is a limit to the number of treasure items that can be obtained, is it possible to effectively "screw over" your character by obtaining less useful treasures, thereby preventing you from being able to obtain more useful treasures?
Are there more treasures available to an archetype than the level cap, meaning that there is a risk of this problem becoming permanent, effectively locking your character in a way that can't be respecced later?