Is this game dead?

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Is this game dead?

Postby Muxa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:58 am

As I can see, this game didn't get any significant updates for the last half a year, and this is a very big amount of time. Did devs abandoned the game? Because I can't see another explanation.
Muxa

Re: Is this game dead?

Postby derek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Hey, Muxa. The two of us haven't abandoned the game, but recently we haven't been able to dedicate as much time to it as we'd like. We're currently focused on making improvements that will let us launch it on Steam; if that goes well, we hope to be able to fund development of new adventures and other features at a faster pace. We'll keep you posted.
derek

Postby Djinnjaha » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 am

Well... gosh, Muxa. There you go then. Only 2 on Conclave's team of Developers. I guess that means you won't be seeing a credits video, tacked on to the end of this game, quite like these guys had to at the end of theirs -

https://youtu.be/Sze48ds8xA0

;)
Dear God, can the next Pope please be a Cartoonist?
Djinnjaha

Postby derek » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Djinnjaha wrote:Well... gosh, Muxa. There you go then. Only 2 on Conclave's team of Developers. I guess that means you won't be seeing a credits video, tacked on to the end of this game, quite like these guys had to at the end of theirs -

https://youtu.be/Sze48ds8xA0

;)

Ha! No, our credits would be considerably shorter. While we've had significant art and music contributions from Chris Rahn, Sam Hulick, James Hazelett, and Christina Roberts, Nick and I are the only folks who work on the game day to day. Aside from a period a few years ago when our friend Justin was involved, that's been the case since we first started Conclave.
derek

Postby Fresh » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:05 am

Are you still working on it? Or does it feel like a concluded project for you guys?
CHARACTERS:
Silas - Level 5 Mezoar Beacon
Vaarun - Level 5 Trow True Bow
Shadovar - Level 10 Lumyn Rogue
Siren - Level 3 Lumyn Runecaster
Sir Devure - Level 2 Vanguard

Conclave Guild - The Masked Lords
Fresh

Postby derek » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:56 pm

We're definitely still working on it, though much of what we're doing now is behind-the-scenes prep work for launching the game on Steam. If that goes well enough, we want to start development of a proper expansion that will continue the story and add some gameplay features we weren't able to include in Legacy of the Dweller.
derek

Postby Happerry » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:17 am

I'm just going to note that, strictly from the viewpoint of a player...

Yes, this game is dead. It's been dead for at least a year now. I can understand why the developers would want to focus on getting it out to steam (and exposing it to a lot of new potential players), but the utter lack of new content for that long is a death knell for this kind of game. There's no replayability, there's nothing else to do, and after you've beaten the campaign (which with a good group or on your own so you don't have to wait for anyone takes maybe two months of very sparse 'one minute per day' gameplay) you're left with a game you'll only check up on if someone reminds you about it, hoping they've finally added something new to do. Of course, there's still nothing new to do.

When an expansion comes out... well, I expect some people to come back and play it, but I'm betting that a lot of us won't because we never check up on it after a year of it offering zero fun and zero activity. And unless the speed increases enough that we're getting new things to do somewhat regularly, people will just play through that, find that once again there's nothing else to do, and once more forget that this game exists.
Happerry

Postby dehielo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Well, that's a shame...
dehielo

Postby guidosan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:01 am

This is a very strange game. Maybe with so few people playing and so little attention given to it by its designers, the game should die. I will try to work with it for a couple more days but if it stay this boring, I will stop.
guidosan

Postby derek » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 pm

guidosan wrote:This is a very strange game. Maybe with so few people playing and so little attention given to it by its designers, the game should die. I will try to work with it for a couple more days but if it stay this boring, I will stop.

Hi guidosan. The two of us are still working on Conclave, but we're only able to work on it in our spare time, and we have day jobs and other commitments that keep us fairly busy. Partly for that reason, the game doesn't have frequent content updates like you might see with a larger team. We do want to launch more quests in the future, but until we can do that, we've tried to make the existing campaign as great as we can. Since it's something you can play to completion either solo or with up to three friends, we hope you'll get into a groove if you keep playing.
derek

Next

Return to General Discussion