Greetings/Question

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Greetings/Question

Postby dehielo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new here, just gettin familiarized with the game. It's seems really nice so far, great music.

I have a question regarding the current condition of my character stats. I see a penalty on Agility and Will (-1) but no clue on what may be causing this. No special condition or equipment.

Thanks in advance
dehielo

Re: Greetings/Question

Postby Happerry » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:18 am

No one is going to be able to help you because there's not enough information provided to even make a guess.
Happerry

Postby dehielo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi, Happerry. What kind of information would be necessary for you to make a guess? What are the possible reasons for a character to have penalties on certain stats?
dehielo

Postby Zephkiel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:19 am

Hello,

It's probably because you're wearing an armor, wich have weight.
Every unit of weight put malus on your stats, mainly Agi and Will. So if an armor weight 2, you'll have a -2 malus to those.
You'd have to have encumbrance skill, accessed by leveling up fortitude, to negate the effect.

Having less dodge open you to more critical hit, wich is bad, and will help removing negative effect. TLDR, dont put armor if you cant handle them in most of the case. Else, there would only be mage wearing heavy plates.
Zephkiel

Postby derek » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:01 pm

dehielo, glad to hear you're enjoying the game so far!

Zephkiel is very likely correct that the penalties are coming from wearing encumbering armor. If you click on your character to bring up the details screen, you should see a line for Encumbrance under the Secondary Stats section. If that number is 1, that would give you a -1 to both Agility and Will. Clicking on the name of your armor should also indicate its Encumbrance; it's the number beside the weight icon. If you want, you can choose unencumbering armor from the Vault, or you can select abilities when you level up that will let you ignore it.

Hope that helps!
derek

Return to General Discussion