Confused about how to use Nix Audacity..

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Confused about how to use Nix Audacity..

Postby prunkel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Hey there!

I've been playing Conclave with a few friends for a little while now, and am confused about how the Nix Audacity ability works. I understand the checks and success conditions, but I don't think I've ever seen the ability actually help me out.

If the Insight check succeeds, and the random ability chosen is an attack ability, does the attack take place twice automatically if it is selected for the Major Action? Or does it work some other way?

I'd very much appreciate any help/explanation you're willing to provide, since, given the pace of some of our quests, it may be some time before I'm able to experiment more with the ability. Thanks!
prunkel

Re: Confused about how to use Nix Audacity..

Postby derek » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi prunkel!

Nix Audacity doesn't immediately cause you to use an ability twice. Instead, it restores a use of an ability that has a limited number of uses.

For example, a Rogue can normally use Into the Shadows only twice per challenge (as indicated by the "2/challenge" in its description). But if you use Into the Shadows once, then successfully use Nix Audacity later, you'll regain a use of the former ability, allowing you to still use it two more times.

This example assumes Into the Shadows is the only limited-use ability you've used. If you've used multiple abilities with limited uses, Nix Audacity will apply to one at random. It'll also only restore one use at a time, and it won't have any effect if you haven't used any abilities or have only used ones that don't run out.

Hope that clears things up!
derek

Re: Confused about how to use Nix Audacity..

Postby prunkel » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:01 pm

Ahhhh, yes, thank you! Crystal clear now.

Actually, I wasn't even aware of the fact that some abilities had a limited number of uses.. Must've glossed over that in tutorials or documentation :roll:

Cheers, and thanks again!
prunkel

Return to General Discussion