Ash and Ember - hints?

Discussion of anything else related to the game: tips, quests, the story, and so on.

Ash and Ember - hints?

Postby swrcuh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:46 pm

New guy here. Just started playing - this is a great game. Well thought-out, but I'm having trouble getting through this one solo with a level 2 Runecaster. I've tried probably a dozen times with no luck. Can anyone offer some hints? My minor/major offensive abilities are all fire-based, so I'm not having much effect...
swrcuh

Re: Ash and Ember - hints?

Postby derek » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 pm

New guy here. Just started playing - this is a great game. Well thought-out, but I'm having trouble getting through this one solo with a level 2 Runecaster. I've tried probably a dozen times with no luck. Can anyone offer some hints? My minor/major offensive abilities are all fire-based, so I'm not having much effect...

Ash & Ember tends to be quite hard for a solo Runecaster, unfortunately. Adjusting that is on our to-do list, but in the meantime, your best bet is probably to partner up with a non-Runecaster (temporarily if you like) through the Adventurers Hall or just by sending an invite to a friend. The good news is that later combats should be less of a problem. They either don't have as many foes that are resistant to fire, or you'll have more options for non-fire damage by then.
derek

Postby red_codec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:44 am

Play in a group :D
red_codec

Postby swrcuh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

red_codec wrote:Play in a group :D

Yeah, I got that from the start. I only wish I knew one other person who wanted to play a game like this. Life is tough. ;-)
swrcuh

Postby red_codec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:02 pm

swrcuh wrote:

Yeah, I got that from the start. I only wish I knew one other person who wanted to play a game like this. Life is tough. ;-)

have you ever tried using the find group function in game???
red_codec

Postby swrcuh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 pm

red_codec wrote:
swrcuh wrote:

have you ever tried using the find group function in game???

Thanks for the advice - I'm sure you mean well - but I'm not going to ask a bunch of strangers to join their game when I'm just a casual player. "Finding random people you don't know to play with" isn't a solution for the game not being playable solo. That was my original concern. Thanks again though.
swrcuh

Return to General Discussion